Electrical Services Newcastle
We cover a wide range of electrical services, from smaller domestic jobs, through to full home rewires and full commercial projects.
All electrical work is carried out safely by a fully qualified electrician meeting current regulations and the highest standards. Our work is also fully insured and backed by our own guarantee, giving you peace of mind.
No job is too small. We are happy to replace a broken light switch, install extra power sockets or some garden lighting. We undertake all domestic electrical work.
We undertake all domestic electrical work including:
• Full and partial rewires
• Kitchen rewires
• New builds and extensions
• Extra sockets and lights
• Fuse board upgrades
• Security alarms
• Security lights
• Garden lights
Our domestic electricians work across the North East covering Newcastle, Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham and Northumberland.
Should you need other skilled and experienced tradesmen, North East Electricals can recommend trustworthy contractors with whom we have worked closely and arrange for them to provide you with quotations for your work (ie. plumbers, plasterers, joiners, etc).
Get a Quick Quote
24 hr Emergency Electrician
Fully Insured Electrical Contractor
Electrical Rewiring Experts
Our electricians have the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out testing and inspection of all new and existing wiring in your commercial property in accordance with 17th Edition of the IEE wiring regulations BS7671.
We can provide an assessment of your existing electrical installation and advise you of any work required to bring it up to date with current regulations. To minimise disruption to your business, we will do our best to work at a time to suit you.
We undertake all commercial electrical work including:
• Emergency lighting
• Office lighting and power design
• Fire alarm systems
• Three phase power points
• Sign lighting
To minimise disruption to your business, we will do our best to work at a time to suit you.
Our electrical experts have put together these useful tips to help ensure the safety of your family and your home:
• Never put a higher-watt bulb in your lighting fixture than is recommended by the manufacturer. This can burn the fixture’s wiring, leading to a fire hazard.
• Never cover extension cords with furniture or floor coverings. Extension cords are rated for use in free flowing air. Avoid overloading extension cords. Just because there are six receptacles doesn’t mean you should plug something into each one. Extension cords are rated for a specific number of watts. Make sure the items plugged into the cord do not exceed this rating. Also, extension cords are meant to be a temporary solution for wiring – do not use them on a permanent basis.
• Flickering lights, outlets that work sporadically, circuit breakers that frequently trip, loose wall sockets, bulbs that blow frequently—all of these are indications of minor electrical problems. If these problems are not monitored and rectified they can lead to more serious electrical issues.
• In addition to visual signs be alert for the smell of burning rubber or plastic, heat coming from electrical components, and the sound of sizzling or humming. These are all indications that something is wrong with your electrical system.
• Know the location of the fuse board and the main shut-off to the electrical system. Each circuit breaker or fuse should be clearly labelled. The main shut-off may be located outside the meter. If something is amiss with the system, everything can be shut down here. Make sure that the panels are accessible.